E-Commerce Marketing Manager
March 2016 – Present
Manage delivery of online merchandise and provide support for entire mobility catalog that accounts for over $100 million in annual gross sales.
- Balance stakeholder requirements from OEM, SEO, Legal, Product, and Promotions teams to coordinate successful delivery 400+ products across consumer and business channels.
- Identified opportunity for automating the collection of third party data and provided cost savings of over $900k within first 90 days of being hired.
- Partnered with optimization and personalization team for multiple A/B and multivariate tests; which informed list-page treatment that increased conversion rate by 4.2%
- Developed lightweight Java application to parse product information for CMS template migration, reducing manual build times for thousands of pages by an estimated 96%.
Digital Marketing Manager
July 2015 – March 2016
Reported to Director of Marketing to support the re-branding of all digital touchpoints and development of GTM strategy.
- Worked with Director of Marketing to develop a cohesive Go-To-Market strategy for all digital touchpoints.
- Partnered with design department to create campaign assets for social, email, web and affiliate use that adhered to the creative brief.
- Increased conversion from mobile and tablets during the holiday season by 75.3% by improving site merchandising and improving checkout process for mobile.
- Created timelines, online content guidelines, merchandising proposals, and presentation decks to improve cross-functional collaboration, saving an estimated 250+ labor hours per year.
- Used a combination of online survey data, competitive analysis, and historical data to establish key features and identify strategic partnerships for a new product offering.
January 2014 – July 2015
With a limited budget, developed and managed all marketing activities for Internet of Things startup that improves businesses profits with sensors and software for their assets.
- Generated online sales through e-commerce store which lead to sales with clients such as NASA and WSDOT, and helped the company secure $1.5 million in early funding.
- Developed online sales support portal with personalized one sheets, presentations, case studies, and ROI sheets.
- Created content strategy that leveraged blogs, landing pages and case studies to capture and qualify online leads.
February 2013 – December 2013
Provided digital marketing services to b2b and b2c startups.
Digital Marketing Specialist
February 2012 – May 2013
A digital agency that provides creative services to a wide-range of small businesses and global brands, such as Virgin, Intel and Nike.
- Worked with team to execute social media strategy that grew client’s Facebook audience from 9,000 to 13,500 in 8 weeks
- Managed multiple social media platforms simultaneously for diverse B2B and B2C clients
- Supported sales team with social media analysis for prospective clients
- Created data-driven reports and insights for client meetings, including account progress, KPI metrics, influencer research, posting strategies, and tailored social media “recipes”
B.S. Business Marketing
- Dean’s List six semesters
- GPA 3.2
- Content Marketing
- Social Media
- Graphic Design
- Email Marketing
- Marketing Research
2013 NSAC – NW Regional
- Best Guerilla Marketing Campaign
“Dan showed great intuition and creativity when helping us develop our marketing strategy and determine our ideal customers. He drastically improved our social media reach and strategy for getting us into additional social channels. Dan was exceptional at understanding our market and instrumental in collecting useful user feedback”Wes Hunt
“He is a sponge and wants to know what you know. He has a drive to succeed that cannot be taught.”Phil Rogers
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.” – Susan Sontag